April 2016 Favorites

April 2016 Favorites

Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil $32 (I use the shade "Blonde")
(Similar to the Anastasia Brow Definer, $23-I use "Blonde" or "Taupe")
I've waxed poetic about my love for the Anastasia Brow Wiz in the past, and I still love that brow pencil, but this is a whole 'nother kind of product. The Wiz is a tiny traditional pencil, and the formula and color are just so great that I've always been die-hard for that one. But a few months ago a new type of brow pencil hit the market and it's being sold by Hourglass & Anastasia both. The shape is a bit different--it's almost a triangle--and it has more surface area than the Wiz so it fills your brows quickly and evenly. The texture is great and it's not impossible to wipe away if you make a mistake, but it clings to hairs really well so it stays on all day. There is a bit of a learning curve with this since it is a little bigger than a typical brow pencil, but once you've got it down it will really speed up your brow routine!

This mascara is so different from many others that I have been a fan of in the past. It's not quite as volumizing as I normally go for, but it is so so great at separating your lashes! It also lengthens well and holds a curl--in fact, when I use a second coat I feel like it actually curls my lashes a bit more. (Is that crazy?) Because it's so great at separating, I not only use it on its own but some days I even use it as a second coat over one of my normal volumizing formulas and it helps get rid of clumps and separate out those lashes. I'm a big fan of this brush & formula!!

This has been my favorite gloss all month. I attended Von Maur's spring trend event a few weeks ago with a work friend and got this at the event and love it! The website describes it as a magenta and I would say it almost gives me a very vibrant pink-coral-not quite red vibe. I love that glossy lips are back for spring!


Although my most used, favorite palette any given month is always the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette, this one has definitely been runner-up this month! It's really great for an easy, wash of color type look that is shimmery and pretty for spring and summer. I like to wear a shimmery shade all over the lid, a matte in the crease and the white highlight shade under my brow bone--it takes about 3 minutes to accomplish and it always looks great. These shadows are incredibly soft & blendable, so a little goes a long way! 

Ok, full disclosure--I've only been obsessed with this for the last two weeks but the love is real. The shade is actually kind of close to that Laura Mercier gloss I talked about above, a cherry-pink type of thing. My mother in law took my two sisters-in-law and I for a pedicure a couple of weeks ago and I got this on my toes and fell hard, so I had to pick it up for myself. It feels very cheery and I feel like the shade kind of morphs to go with whatever I'm wearing. I love seeing it peek out of my sandals as the weather warms up!

I got this tumbler at the end of March when I transitioned jobs and it just lives at my work desk now, making it easy for me to go fill up at the water fountain just outside our office during the day. Keeping hydrated in style!

Find Her by Lisa Gardner $17
I know talk about how much I love Lisa Gardner's books like every couple of months on here, but seriously! They're suspenseful, entertaining, and well-written so you should check them out if you've been on the fence. :) 

Diet Dr. Pepper 
The real MVP as I transition into being at work at 8 am w/ a 40 minute commute...after 3 years with a 7 minute commute & 9-5 schedule. I had gotten lazy and complacent with my wake-up time and this is helping me adjust. :)


Having my sister visit! 
My baby sis lives up in Alaska and the Yukon territory from May to September and travels from September to May each year. She stopped by Lincoln for a few days this month and stayed with Ricky and I. It was a total blast! We saw a DJ downtown, attended a poetry night, had a game night, ate lots of mac & cheese....love that girl! We really having her here. Kay, there's always a spare bed here for ya! :)

The airport lost her luggage so we had to stop and buy her some new clothes on the way home!
She used some of her new wardrobe as a chance for us to match outfits--our mom ALWAYS had us matching as kids! 

This month's beauty faves were high-end heavy so I'll try out some new drugstore items in May and let you know which ones pass the test!


And there you have it! A round up of the things I've been loving this past month. What have you been loving recently? Let me know in the comments below!

You can stay up to date by following me on FacebookPinterest, Instagram & Twitter and subscribe at the top right of this page. Sharing is caring :) 
If you're a brand or company and would like to do a collaborative post, review, or advertisement, please contact me at sponsor@lorimerliving.com.

XOXO, 


Comments

Popular Posts