January Favorites

January Favorites

I can hardly believe January is already gone. That means we are one step closer to meeting little Adaline! You can see our pregnancy progress here. January always feels like a fresh start after the holidays; this year we (I) packed up Christmas decorations on the 3rd because I wanted to get all the bins back organized in the closet of the room that is becoming the nursery so I could accurately see how much space we had left to work with for baby things. Did you complete any big organization or cleaning projects this month? Let me know in the comments--in the meantime, here are some of the things I've been loving this past month!

This was a quick, entertaining read from Lauren Graham, aka Lorelai from Gilmore Girls or Sarah Braverman from Parenthood. Since I adore both of those shows, I knew I'd be interested in reading a bit more about Lauren's story. It wasn't the best celeb book I've ever read (that would have to go to Mindy Kaling's Why Not Me or Amy Poehler's Yes Please) but if you like Lauren, you would probably enjoy it.


Anna Kendrick's book, Scrappy Little Nobody, was a better over-all read, in my opinion. She's witty & irreverent, and if you like her in talk show interview settings you will enjoy this book. She doesn't take herself too seriously, which I appreciate, and she credits a lot of her success to stubbornness and luck. Her personality reminds me a bit of her Pitch Perfect character, which is great since that's one of my favorite characters she's played. Also, fun fact--did you know she started out as a child star on Broadway? Some great stories come out of that background!
It was nice to have a few light & easy reads this month to balance out all the baby information we've been squirreling away!


I have literally only watched the Bachelor(ette) for the last couple of seasons so that I can have good background for when I read Shaeffer's recaps. They are gold. She, like me, is drawn into the intrigue but still very aware of the ridiculousness of the situation. Read at least one! I know there are people who don't even watch the show who really enjoy reading her recaps. Plus she's a fun, Southern fashion blogger for the rest of her posts so if you'd like some on-line shopping tips, she's your gal. 

Scandal
I'm aware that I'm super late to this train, but I just started watching Scandal towards the end of December and I'm totally hooked.  Scandal characters have real (outrageous) problems! How will she fix it this time?! If you're a fan, let me know if you're #teamfitz or #teamjake in the comments. I think right now (beginning of Season 4) I'm leaning #teamjake but it's hard to fight the original couple & the Fitz/Olivia chemistry. You may be noticing a theme of light entertainment--I really needed that this month. I was sick for a lot of the month and just needed something to take my mind off of other things, and this was the ticket! 

If you've been around the blog for a year or so, you may remember me gushing over Buxom's White Russian lip polish. And it is amazing and I still love it! But this is a great cheaper dupe. It doesn't have the cooling sensation that the Buxom gives, but the color & finish are very similar and I like the formula as well. It is a bit of a sticky gloss, so if you're not into that you may not like it. This particular shade is one of my favorites because it's such a great topper for matte lips, or it can be great on its own. It's one of those pop-in-your-purse type products. 

I've really never liked a stick foundation before, but I'm really into this one. It applies a lot better with a brush than a beauty blender or any other application method, so I'd recommend a good kabuki brush like this one from Morphe to apply it with. It doesn't make the skin look too dry, which is what I was concerned about with a stick formula, but I do like to exfoliate beforehand and use a moisturizing primer when I wear it. I wish the price was a little lower, but that's really my only complaint. Big thumbs up for this foundation!


That about wraps it up for January! One whole month of 2017 in the books--and what a month it has been. I don't like to comment on politics publicly, but I hope you all know that I'm here for you all--no matter who you are or what background you're from. Happy February!


You can stay up to date by following me on FacebookPinterest, Instagram & Twitter and subscribe at the top right of this page. Sharing is caring :) 
If you're a brand or company and would like to do a collaborative post, review, or advertisement, please contact me at sponsor@lorimerliving.com.

XOXO, 


JACLYN


Comments

Popular Posts