Easter/Spring Decor

Spring Into Easter

See what I did there?


I must tell you, I am more excited for spring this year than I have been in quite a while. I think the difference is that this year I finally have a deck to enjoy the nice weather on! Our previous apartment (Holdrege) was a "garden level" so not only was there no outdoor space, you couldn't even really open the windows and we were surrounded by parking lot and street space as far as the eye could see. That little apartment served us well, but I'm having so much fun in the new (Union Hill) place, with more space to decorate and enjoy. All that to say....look forward to some deck/balcony posts soon!

If you follow me on social media, you saw this sneak peek this past weekend....
love the impact of these spring colored eggs!
*Social media links below and on the right sidebar if you'd like to see more

This week I have been so pleased with our Easter decor. I got it all out and started decorating as soon as it hit midnight on the 18th---I feel obligated for some reason to wait until St. Patty's Day is over to put out Easter decor, but I didn't wait a minute longer than necessary. While much of this decor will stay out throughout the spring and into summer, there are a few elements that are unabashedly "Easter-y". And why not? He is risen, and I will celebrate! :)


I love this cake stand, and it was a perfect fit with these gradient sparkly eggs,
cotton candy in a cookie jar, and mini chocolate bunnies!
*Eggs from last season at Target

Good old mason jars to the rescue--these are Starburst jelly beans,
aka the BEST jelly beans
Sugar bunny (made for cupcakes)

"Gourmet" marshmallows in a happy acrylic display canister
*Target

This combo (marshmallows in an acrylic canister) was featured in another blog I love and I was inspired!
She used it for a kid's party but apparently I am a kid at heart. :)
Link to her post here

Charlie Brown Easter Tree? *Target
I adore this little bunny plate...there are whole sets of Easter dinnerware, but I don't think that's quite necessary if you have on piece like this on display. *Home Goods

Ice cream footed bowls for color coded jelly beans--pink for me...
Blue for Ricky. They are on either side of this yellow lemonade scented candle
Eggs from Target--they're actually ornaments, so they can be hung by ribbons but I
folded the ribbons underneath the eggs so they wouldn't show. The egg plate
is something I already had for deviled eggs in the summer.

A sweet little Easter vignette

Besides this buffet table that separates our dining area from the living room, I also added some Easter elements in a couple other areas of the house. 
I scored this spring-y tablecloth at TJ MAXX last fall at 70% off--it pays to wait until the end of the season!
 P.S.--I have plans for that lampshade.
It is boring and needs some help!
Bunnies for me and the mister

I added a few sweet Easter touches to the bedroom as well...

This is the white bookshelf by Ricky's nightstand, first seen here in our bedroom refresh post

Love this rustic robin's egg & burlap jar

Ceramic bunny & bird from Hobby Lobby

I like the antique finish on these pieces

So sweet!

I always need flowers in the bedroom

But for this vignette I chose fake ones--they'll be rotated with fresh after Easter
I added peeps to the inside of this clear vase for a pop of Easter color under the flowers
(these are the reason I went with fake flower--so I wouldn't have water in with the marshmallows).

This is really the only way I like peeps. :)
Speaking of our deck...my social media followers may have caught this gem on our beautiful sunny
Sunday afternoon...I LOVE having outdoor space again! #NotStaged #HouseShoesForTheWin

And here is my view--hard to see but I have a few feathered friends in this tree

I also have a lovely robin-egg and twig wreath on our front door--photos coming whenever this rain goes away! #ForgotToTakeAPhotoOnSaturdayWithAllTheOthers #ForgetfulBloggerFail
**Update--Here are the (very sunny) front door photos!

Now I just need to wash all the leftover winter
salt off the bottom of the door...

Such a happy wreath!
As natural as colored eggs can look :)

We usually all end up at my in-laws house after church on Easter Sunday...but before that, we'll be having Easter Eggstravaganza at our church! If you have little ones (or even if you don't!) and you live in the Lincoln, NE are this is the place to be this Sunday March 28th at 9:30 a.m.! Link here for more info. I will be at the Van Dorn campus, so come and say hi!



How do you celebrate Easter and the spring season? What is your favorite part of spring?
Let me know in the comments below!

Follow me on FacebookPinterest, Instagram & Twitter and subscribe at the top right of this page! Sharing is caring :) 



Comments

  1. I love the Peep vase! But if I were over I just might eat them! ;) Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a whole other package I didn't end up using--come on over! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello Lorimer Living Readers! I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my post, and I will absolutely read each one and try to answer any questions you may have. However, because this blog is my online home, I will remove any comment that I feel is malicious or inappropriate. XOXO!

Popular Posts