Springtime (Inexpensive!) Dining Finds

Springtime Table Steals

At Kohl's



First & foremost, this isn't sponsored in any way by Kohl's.
 I just found some crazy-good deals there recently that I had to share!

I've been seeing some darling springy, floral trends going on right now in dining accents and I've been dying to jump on the trend-but I don't want to have to shell out the big bucks every season for new tableware! So I've been patiently waiting, hoping that maybe I'd find a good deal on one or two pieces that could help bring together a cohesive spring/summer look in our dining nook & on our patio. But then I was at Kohl's a couple of weeks ago looking for something in the clothing department and couldn't help wandering into the home goods area...
#storyofmylife #bloggerproblems

And I'm so glad I did! They were having an awesome sale (50% off) on melamine dining products in both crisp white & also a fun floral print! They were inexpensive to begin with and at the sale price  they were pretty much begging to come home with me. You bet I snapped up a few of those babies to take back home!
I picked up a few bowls, plates, two small platters and a chip & dip container for about $50 total. 

My haul...muahahaha

I started out with these cute kitchen towels, mainly because they tied in the colors of my outdoor stuff (aqua & navy) with my current kitchen colors (red & yellow).

Love kitschy kitchen towels
Originally $7.99 on sale for 2.40

Then I added some melamine bowls & plates in white, to balance out all the color the rest of the items would be bringing in.




Finally, I added some fun floral platters and  chip & dip container!

Colorful!




I plan to show you the whole outdoor area within the next few weeks (not promising it will be "done" but it won't be the total blank slate it's been every since we moved in either...) and I think these cute non-breakable dishes will be a fun accent for outdoor dinners!

Since we're in our dining nook, why don't I show you a few other springtime accents....

The "pantry" under the terrace window
Fun fact: that colorful dotted print is a placemat--I do this a lot on this pantry, using different placemats for different seasons.

Beautiful baby orchid from a co-worker for "Administrative Professionals Week"
Say a prayer for this orchid that he lives a little longer than the last one I had
#BrownThumb

Little tealight holders from Tarjay

Still working this fancy marshmallow display from Easter

I've had these tiny owl salt & pepper shakers for a few seasons now & still adore them!

I should really put a photo in this frame, but I kind of dig the turquoise color

Moving to the other side of the dining nook...

The buffet table that separates our dining are from the living room 
My best friend since I was 3 got me these last Christmas and I love them!
There are four of this larger size for apps...

And four tiny sized for coasters!

I love the various colors & styles 

Another flower arrangement from sweet co-workers!

I love me some candles. This one got lit immediately after I finished taking photos.

Gold striped straws inside of a vase I received with a gift a year or so ago

Tip: Use a scarf as a tablerunner that pulls in the colors you're using for a vignette. It will be unique and free!


That's all folks!


Do you change out "accent" pieces for different seasons? What are your favorite springtime trends this year? Where are your favorite places to shop for home goods? Let me know in the comments below!

You can stay up to date by following me on FacebookPinterest, Instagram & Twitter and subscribe at the top right of this page! Sharing is caring :) 

XOXO,

Jaclyn


Comments

  1. This is quite beautiful :) Thanks for sharing! I love blues and the vase color is similar to the color I hope to put on my walls soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kat! I think it's a great color--your walls will be beautiful!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness!!! Going to Kohls now! That floral chip/dip and platter are adorable! Love how you put it all together! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Claire, I'm so flattered you like it! We're really enjoying them on our patio--at least when it stops raining. :)
      Thank you so much for stopping by!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello Lorimer Living Readers! I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my post, and I will absolutely read each one and try to answer any questions you may have. However, because this blog is my online home, I will remove any comment that I feel is malicious or inappropriate. XOXO!

Popular Posts