August Favorites

August Favorites
Reading Wrap Up & Other Faves This Month



For the Love
By Jen Hatmaker

I talked about Jen a bit in my Women's Conference Highlights post, but I just can't get enough of her. I purchased this book at the conference and am loving it. Part of what I love about Jen is how relate-able she is--she's not a "perfect" Christian, wife or mother. She's just a woman with a lot of great advice and a humorous way of telling it to you. 

Top Secret Twenty-One
by Janet Evanovich
This is the latest in a long line of books from Janet Evanovich--and I read each and every one. These novels center around Stephanie Plum, an inept bounty hunter from Jersey.  They are hilarious. They're also a bit on the crass side at times, so be aware, but I laugh aloud and read sections to Ricky every single time. These are my guilty pleasure novels. :)

6 Piece Acrylic Organizer Set

I just keep going back to these. I've used them in my bathroom drawers, my nightstands, and my kitchen and I'm sure that list will continue to grow. They are sturdy, don't move around much in the drawers, and I love that you can see through them so you can see the contents and also any fun drawer liner you may be using. These are an organizing staple for me!


Is this not the cutest blush/bronzer duo you've ever seen? They're called the Soul Mates duos from Too Faced (one of my very favorite high-end makeup brands) and they are named after TV soul mates Ross & Rachel from Friends, making them ever cuter. #friendsforever The blush is the perfect healthy shade of pink for a cool complected girl like myself. 
There is a Carrie & Big (Sex & The City) version as well that has a peachy blush and a slightly warmer bronzer--all around better for warmer skin tones. This item is my go to right at the moment and packs great for trips too--two products in one item. They retail for $34 but I got mine on Hautelook for $16. Yes, please. 

Speaking of adorable Too Faced products, this is their chocolate bar eye shadow palette. It's quickly become one of my top 3 eyeshadow palettes ever. It has beautiful warm neutral shadows, plenty of matte & shimmer options, gorgeous highlight shades, 3 great crease options, plus some fun with the pink & purple options. This is a beautiful palette any time of year but I'm especially excited to use it going into the fall, with it's warm & bronzey shades.
But the best part is....it smells like chocolate. Guys, this is important to me. I want all of my makeup to smell like chocolate now. I have Too Faced's milk chocolate solei bronzer as well and I just get them out and smell them sometimes. Ricky thinks I need chocolate makeup therapy. ;) The reason is because there is cocoa powder in the formula--gorgeous and delicious as well. Win-win!


This is a great brow gel-the wand is tiny and easy to apply, and it doesn't look too harsh. I use this on top of my Anastasia brow whiz for hold or on its own on days that I'm not doing much makeup or am in a rush. I also love that it comes in a "blonde" shade that actually matches my brow shade! That's really hard to find for us fair girls-don't want to look too harsh with dark brows & light hair. It's also very inexpensive which is great as well.  Good job Nyx!


Jordana Best Lash Mascara

Another great inexpensive option. This is an amazing mascara, price aside, but it's also around $4 ,making it even better! It's in my top 3 mascaras in my collection and I wear it several times a week. It's very wet for about the first week and then it becomes a bit easier to apply after that. Lots of volume without getting clumpy or flaking. 

Zoe Sugg, also known as Zoella on YouTube and her blog, is about the cutest little Brit I've ever seen. She is almost exactly my age, which is kind of fun for me as well because I can relate to her easily. She does beauty videos as well as vlogs and home hauls, and I also enjoy her videos with her boyfriend Alfie, known on YouTube as PointlessBlog, a gamer/vlogger. I speak in an English accent for a while after I binge-watch her videos and throw British slang into my speech as well. Love her!

Vintage Lace Candle
In case you haven't noticed, I love candles. LOVE them. I have about 3 of these vintage lace candles around my home right at the moment. I got mine at Target but couldn't find them online--check your local store because I just saw some at mine a few days ago. Gorgeous warm, not quite spicy scent. Perfect for transitioning from summer to fall. 

Supernatural
Supernatural is my favorite television show. Ever. See proof on my insanely huge Pinterest board dedicated to this show. It's a show about two brothers (Jared Padalecki & Jensen Ackles) and how they hunt supernatural things--ghosts, vampires, etc. It's not theologically accurate at all, so be aware of that going in, but it's amazingly written & character driven which I love. It's gearing up for its 11th season, starting in October, so I've been binge-watching the earlier seasons to prepare. :)

And those are my favorite things from last month! I still can't believe we're halfway through September--I'm trying to hold onto summer while it lasts. I love fall, but hate winter & winter always seems to last for 6 months in Nebraska. ;)  Hope you're enjoying the weather wherever you are!



You can always stay up to date on all things Lorimer Living by following me on FacebookPinterest, Instagram & Twitter and by subscribing in the subscription bar at the top right of this page. Sharing is caring :) 
If you're a brand or company and would like to do a collaborative post, review, or advertisement, please contact me at sponsor@lorimerliving.com.

XOXO, 

Jaclyn


Comments

  1. Hey, friend! Great post! Can't wait to try the NYX brow mascara. I've heard a lot about brow gels, I'm still stuck in the pencil phase!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julia!!
      I definitely use the Anastasia brow whiz pencil quite a bit, but it can get intense pretty quickly (plus it takes me longer) so I've been really loving the Nyx as an alternative. I hope you will like it too!

      Delete
  2. P.S. I'll make a new candle obsession suggestion- Lakeside Sunrise from BBW is quickly my new fall favorite! It smells fall-ish and clean!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh I so need to make a bath and body run! Can't wait to get my hands on some fall scents and I will definitely check that one out-thanks for the suggestion!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello Lorimer Living Readers! I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my post, and I will absolutely read each one and try to answer any questions you may have. However, because this blog is my online home, I will remove any comment that I feel is malicious or inappropriate. XOXO!

Popular Posts