October Favorites

October Favorites


by Mindy Kaling
$10.55
I have waxed poetic about Mindy's many hilarious attributes before, so I will just say that if you want a book that will make you laugh out loud and make you feel like you have a new best friend, this is the book for you, my friend. 

Pitch Perfect 2

Okay, let's face it. This has actually been one of my favorites since it came out in theaters, but it was released on DVD and Blu-Ray towards the end of September so I've watched it several times in October and will be watching it again shortly with my sister-in-law. So. Stinkin'. Funny. The original gang is back, plus a new freshman who is fine, and an opposing team who is AMAZING! If you've ever seen Flula on YouTube you will love this movie, in which he stars as an acapella champion from Germany, and if you haven't seen him before, you should probably start now. Besides the Germans, there is Fat Amy, Anna Kendrick, and Adam DeVine. What more do you really need from a movie?

Dancing With The Stars
Television shows come back and delight us all each fall, but Dancing With the Stars continues to be one of my faves. If you haven't been watching, you can catch up on Hulu or on their new YouTube channel. Other shows I'm watching right now include Supernatural, The Mindy Project, & Reign. 

Zumba

Varies, depending on teacher/location. I go to Tiger Personal Training & Fitness here in Lincoln & LOVE it--any of Aimee's classes are great. 


-Bath and Body Candle

$22.50 (but often on sale for 2 for $24)
If it doesn't feel quite like fall where you live yet (it's been in the 70s pretty regularly here!) then a good fall candle and some cable knit is what you need to get you in the autumn spirit. This is the one that I have been burning for most of the month and it's the perfect blend of pumpkin, spice and sweetness. 

Popover Plaid Shirtdress
$78
Another great option for bringing some autumn into your life when it's still fairly warm out is this plaid shirtdress. Your legs are still bare so you won't overheat but you can pair it with some cute ankle booties and a cozy scarf to really give that fall look, and then add a leather jacket when it cools down. Perfection!


Faux Suede Loafers
Forever 21
$15.90
I've been really into this camel color for the fall, I think it's such a great autumn neutral. These loafers are a great way to wear a flat that isn't a boot but also isn't open toed to expose your toesies to the cooling outside temperatures.

Colourpop Super Shock Shadows

$5 each
I actually love pretty much everything Colourpop does. I'm not wild about the creme pot liners, but I'm never wild about those from any line. I love the lippiestix and lippie pencils and have a whole cup full of them on my vanity. All of the rest of their products are kind of a mousse-like texture, like cream to powder formulas a little bit and I am obsessed with them. I have a couple of their highlights & bronzers, one blush. I don't go super crazy for cream bronzers & blushes normally but I'll make an exception for these. I tend to wear them more in the summer when my skin is better hydrated and tanner and I don't feel like I really need foundation on. But the shadows though! They are so gorgeous, pigmented, and easy to apply with just your finger. I've been especially loving Koosh (which came in one of their collections), Supermodel & Central Perk (shown above---how cute are the retro 90s names too? Nostalgia!) recently. And the best part is--all the products from Colourpop are extremely affordable! The shadows are $5, cheek products are $8, lips are $5-6, liners are $5-6. 

-Wet N Wild Color Icon Bronzer
$2.99
I don't know what Wet N Wild was thinking when they labeled this a bronzer, because I don't really think it would be a bronzer even on albino skin, but it makes for a gorgeous highlight. It doesn't have glitter or shimmer really, it's just a true glow to your cheeks that is beautiful and natural looking. 

-L'Oreal Infallible
$7.99 each
These eyeshadow pigments are amazing. Every color L'Oreal offers is beautiful but I chose these two especially because they are great for an all over wash of color on the lids without needing to add lots of other shadows in combination. Just throw on some black liner and volumizing mascara and you're good to go! If you've been around here for a while you know that some days I just need quick and easy to get me out the door in the mornings. Sleep > makeup application. 


Kathleen is one of the first YouTubers that I followed and she is simply amazing. She's a beauty YouTuber primarily, but she also does "chats", vlogs, and tag videos sometimes as well. She's very well organized about her posting schedule and even though she and her husband have been waiting for over a month to move into her new home, she had filmed so many videos in September that she's still been able to post two videos a week in October! Her beauty looks are gorgeous, she's very funny & doesn't take herself too seriously. Check her out!



You can stay up to date by following me on FacebookPinterest, Instagram & Twitter and subscribe at the top right of this page. Sharing is caring :) 
If you're a brand or company and would like to do a collaborative post, review, or advertisement, please contact me at sponsor@lorimerliving.com.

XOXO, 

Jaclyn





Comments

Popular Posts