Elf Matte Lip Color

Elf Matte Lip Color Swatches & Mini Reviews


Several of you have asked about having this kind of swatch & review type post on some of my favorite make-up products, and I am happy to oblige! Today's post will be all about the Elf (Eyes, Lips, Face) brand's matte lip colors. Elf is a great inexpensive makeup option, especially for those just getting into makeup and wanting to try out new things, or beauty junkies who want an item in every color! I do think that their products are hit or miss (not a fan of most of their mascaras, don't like the makeup wipes) but they are constantly coming out with new products, and when they get a product right, you can't beat it for the price!


Select Elf products can be found at Target and CVS and the full range can be found on their website. These matte lip colors are only $3 and come in 15 shades. I have 5 of them in my collection and love them all.  They aren't a super crazy drying matte (not like a liquid lipstick) so it's an easier, more wearable way to do the matte lip trend that's been so popular this fall and summer. The shape and packaging is that of a skinny lip crayon, which is nice because it makes it easy to stay within your lipline.

The colors here are pretty true to life, with the exceptions being that Rich Red is a tiny bit more of a true red in person and hot commodity comes off as more coral than it does in the photos. They are all beautiful and very opaque. 


 $3 guys! That's all these babies are, which makes it easy to get quite a collection going. Several of the colors that they offer are new shades that came out within the last couple of months, so I think that Mulberry Maven, Wine & Praline are probably going to be joining these 5 in the future!


 Next on my list of swatches will be Colourpop products! They have been requested, and I hear you! I'll start with the Lippiestix, they are gorgeous and unlike these Elf ones, come in a variety of finishes from sheer to creme to matte to hyper glossy so there are many more options. (I should know--I have 18!) And at $5 a pop, they are still very affordable.

Let me know what else you would like to see from me and whether you like these makeup posts in the comments below!

You can stay up to date by following me on FacebookPinterest, Instagram & Twitter and subscribe at the top right of this page. Sharing is caring :) 
If you're a brand or company and would like to do a collaborative post, review, or advertisement, please contact me at sponsor@lorimerliving.com.

XOXO, 

Jaclyn



Comments

  1. I'd love to see them modeled on you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea! Maybe I'll update it once I can get a few photos taken. Thanks Julia!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello Lorimer Living Readers! I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my post, and I will absolutely read each one and try to answer any questions you may have. However, because this blog is my online home, I will remove any comment that I feel is malicious or inappropriate. XOXO!

Popular Posts