Top 5 High End Primers

Top 5 High End Primers


Recently I shared with you all my Top 5 Favorite Drugstore Primers. This post will be all about primers from high end brands (although I won't get too crazy with the extreme luxury brands--no $100 primers for me, thanks!) While I don't think that you necessarily need to shop high-end for primers (I really do love all the ones in my other post), some of the ones in this post are holy grail for me, depending on the foundation that I'm using, what my skin is like that day, and the look that I'm trying to achieve.

This primer is on repeat for me right at the moment, especially if I feel like I didn't get enough sleep. It has a slight cooling effect, not minty but just fresh and awake, that I really love. It also feels hydrating without being heavy--the texture is really light and almost watery. I sometimes mix this with the L'Oreal Magic Lumi primer that I mentioned in my drugstore primers post for a hydrating, dewy effect. A little goes quite a ways with this one, so don't feel like you need the same amount you would with a moisturizer--it really spreads out and sinks into the skin. One pump should do you. 

Laura Mercier Radiance Primer $20 (1 oz) or $36 (1.7 oz)

This primer has a really naturally radiant finish. It has a slight champagne/peachy tone to it that makes it look more natural and less frosty than some of the other luminous primers on the market. I have also worn this one mixed into moisturizer on days that I'm not wearing makeup if I'm feeling a little dry or blotchy. This is pretty much the only primer I used all last summer. I've gone through 2 tubes of this bad boy and I will definitely repurchase when I run out again!


The Marc Jacobs Coconut is definitely the priciest primer on this list, but when it and the Re(marc)able Full Cover Foundation came out last fall-ish, I heard non-stop raves from everyone who tried it. It was also supposed to be one of the only primers on the market that would hydrate well enough for that particular foundation to look its best, so I stopped in Sephora for a test-try and took the plunge. So, so glad I did! This is one of my favorites. I am trying to conserve it now, because I used it constantly when I first got it, with whatever foundation I was wearing that day. It is incredibly nourishing and feels like a cross between a primer & a moisturizer. I don't know that it extends the wear time of your foundation a ton, as many of these others do, but foundation glides on so smoothly over the top of it and your skin feels so silky. I believe I have mentioned this one in a previous favorites post as well. A+ right here!



I didn't specify which shade/type of this one, because I love almost all of them! My faves are the nourishing, smoothing, & radiant pink. I haven't tried the mattifying, because that's not what I'm trying to achieve with my skin, but I've heard people with oily skin rave about it. I also haven't tried the radiance ones for deeper skin tones, since I'm pretty fair skinned. All the others are amazing!


The Porefessional is a cult classic primer for a reason. It's also a product that Benefit knows is a "gateway" item to their brand, because I have never had to buy a full-sized! I am a big fan of Benefit as a brand, and often when you purchase from Benefit there is a free gift--so I've received several deluxe sample sizes of this primer that way. I don't use it too terribly often as I'm more a fan of a nourishing feel rather than the silicone texture, but it does a great job of smoothing out the skin and filling in pores to make them less noticeable. When I do use it, it's often when I am using a more matte foundation, and am going for that type of smooth, matte look so I tend to reach for it more in the fall & winter. Beauty bloggers & vloggers have been gaga over this primer for years on the internet, and it turns out it's worth the hype!

Hopefully this was helpful to you--the next time you're at Ulta or Sephora looking to try out a new primer, you'll know exactly what to reach for! Make sure to check out my Top 5 Drugstore Primers post for more affordable primer options, and keep your eyes open for more Top 5 posts coming your way soon!


You can stay up to date by following me on FacebookPinterest, Instagram & Twitter and subscribe at the top right of this page. Sharing is caring :) 
If you're a brand or company and would like to do a collaborative post, review, or advertisement, please contact me at sponsor@lorimerliving.com.

XOXO, 

JACLYN

Comments

Popular Posts