Spa Night at Home

Spa Night at Home


Sometimes a girl just needs an evening (or heck, just an hour or two!) to relax. Having at at-home spa night is something that I try to do about once a month. That may change to once a year after baby is born (and/or it may have to be at an actual spa!) but for now I'm going to take advantage of the fact that I'm still able to have a relaxing evening without too much prep work. This pregnancy has been exciting and amazing, but it has also been a bit physically taxing so I really appreciate anything that helps me unwind and soothes some of my aches & pains.

Foot Bath
The foot bath isn't totally necessary--if you prefer, you could take a regular bath. But if you don't want to soak your whole body or if you're wanting to just prep for an at home pedicure, this is a great and inexpensive option. Sometimes I go this route, other times I shower or bathe using this nourishing hair mask, as sort of a first step to the rest of the evening.


Of course, you've got to have something to go in that foot bath! This soaking scrub smells great and works well for sore muscles. 

'
A cozy robe or PJs are essential for a spa night!

Face masks

I am in love with face masks. Some of my favorites include this banana oat smoothing mask, coconut nourishing mask, sheet mask collection...the list goes on. You can splurge on a really expensive mask, but I find that a lot of the inexpensive ones do a great job and then you can justify using them a little more often. 

Body lotion/butter
Don't forget about the rest of your body! This is my favorite lotion ever, a fresh warm scent that doesn't fight with other fragrances, but I also love regular Vaseline brand cocoa butter lotion. 

I'm a big fan of mood lighting during my pampering sessions. Plus this candle smells amazing! It's been one our favorites for a few months now and I don't see it going out of style anytime soon. 

Food Your Significant Other Doesn't Like ;)
I always take advantage of a relaxing evening to myself to make or order food that I love but Ricky isn't really in to. For me, that generally means seafood since I love it and Ricky can't stand it. I'll usually order sushi or make scallops & pasta at home. (Ricky does the same thing for boys' night except with pizza & extra spicy foods!) If you and your honey are perfectly in sync with foods, then #1. I am jealous and #2. just take the chance to eat something you really enjoy!

Chocolate & Beverages
This is a no brainer for me. Pampering = chocolate. If strawberries are in season I will sometimes make chocolate covered strawberries the night before. This ritual used to include wine, but baby on board means switching to sparkling water or juice. Bonus points for using a wine glass--you deserve a little fanciness!

Chick Flick
You don't have to watch a chick flick, but if you enjoy them, this is a prime time! I often watch old musicals, 90s teen rom-coms (10 Things I Hate About You, mostly) or Titanic. The perfect thing to keep you company while you eat, or while your face mask is sinking in. A good novel is the perfect way to wrap up the evening in bed.

Putting a few of these items together in a cute basket would be a great Christmas gift idea! I love doing "kits" and a pampering kit is usually very welcome in the wintertime!

And that's my little recipe for a relaxing, at home spa night. What essentials do you use for a pamper night?


You can stay up to date by following me on FacebookPinterest, Instagram & Twitter and subscribe at the top right of this page. Sharing is caring :) 
If you're a brand or company and would like to do a collaborative post, review, or advertisement, please contact me at sponsor@lorimerliving.com.

XOXO, 

JACLYN





SaveSave
SaveSave

Comments

Popular Posts