Nordstrom Anniversary & Banana Republic Sale=My Buys & Mini Reviews

Nordstrom Anniversary 

Banana Republic Sale

My Buys & Mini Reviews


If you follow me on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest), you may have seen that I posted about the Nordstrom Anniversary sale when it launched to the public. It's a great way to get items (especially women's items) at around 40% off. I certainly took advantage by ordering a few of the items below. Then I saw that Banana Republic (including Old Navy which is an affiliate) was having 30% off all regular priced items. Hello, Old Navy is inexpensive to start with so I got myself the Drapey Racerback Tank below and the two men's items below for Ricky at very low prices. We haven't gotten new clothing in a while so it felt like a special treat when our items arrived!
Keep on reading to see the items we purchased, the prices for each and a mini review of my thoughts on them. :)

*The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale ends August 2nd so be sure to get your orders in before that!

$19.99

I love this tank! It's super soft & comfortable. It doesn't hit me quite as low as the model (thankfully) but I'm still likely to wear a cardigan or chambray over it because it shows some shoulder & back as well. The color is really beautiful and I've already paired it a couple of times with white skinny jeans & a black 3/4 length blazer for work and loved it. 

$15.90

*I purchased in black...but I'm eyeing the gray stripes & purple options too!

This is another soft & comfortable basic piece. I bought it in black and am wearing it today as I write this post with cranberry colored skinnies & a cropped jean jacket. I'm also wearing thes shoes from my high/low gladiator sandals post. 

$37.90

This blouse I got in red, and I thought that it was the same as a green one I ordered a while back that was the same brand...it's not exactly the same. I do like it and will keep it (I've already worn it twice) but I would say that if you're between sizes, you should go with the smaller one--the one I have works well with skinny jeans & heels or leggings & boots but the cut is definitely pretty relaxed & loose-fitting. 

Frenchie Woven Swing Tank
$15.90

Love this tank. Absolute perfection. I already owned one in this rose color so this time I ordered it in black. I can tell it will be one of my staple pieces--I keep trying it out with outfit after outfit. The cut is perfect, the material doesn't wrinkle too badly & isn't stretchy so it keeps its shape really well. 

Beauty

$10

This is great as a facial mist or as a way to really intensify pigment & loose powder-y eyeshadows. I got this smaller one because a) it was on sale and b) it's a little pricey for what it is and I'm not sure I'll go through it quickly enough to justify the larger size. 


$39.50

Okay, this was my big splurge. I had received the Radiance Skin Primer as a sample a while back and just absolutely loved the way it made my skin look. Beautiful under foundation to give your whole face a really nice healthy glow or nice by itself on a day you aren't really doing makeup but want to still look put together for errands or something. But Laura Mercier is a pricey brand for me! So when I saw that this trio was $16 off the original $55 price tag, I thought I'd better jump on it--and I'm really glad I did because I love the face polish & tinted moisturizer as well. 


 For Him


Old Navy $12.99

I got this shirt for Ricky because he needs more nicer clothing, and also because blue is well within his comfort zone but I thought the pink & green in there was a nice way to ease him into some other colors as well. He loves the fit & fabric and wore it on our last date night. Success!



Old Navy $12.99

Ricky's also been wearing the same belt for the last couple of years non-stop and it was looking a bit ragged so I picked him up this affordable slim leather belt from Old Navy as well. It looks great and you can't beat the price on this bad boy. 


Of course, these weren't the only items that caught my eye. I'm still considering the items below--great transitional pieces for into the fall!

On My Wish List


$39.94

Beautiful! I have som wedge-style black suede booties but they're getting really worn out (ie, falling apart) so these would be a great addition!

$19

I have mid-rise rockstar skinnies in white and love them! The fit is great & the material is nice too--thicker than some skinnies so it holds shape well. This is a nice dark wash that I could probably get away with wearing to work. 

$24.90

This sweater comes in a white option which is what I would gravitate towards. I love me some white & black stripes, y'all. 

$52.90

I've heard rave reviews about these jeans so I've been considering them, but even at 40% off it's hard to come close to Old Navy's $19 price tag on their jeans (above) that I already know I love. If only there was a Nordstrom close by for me to try on a pair to compare!

For Him


$32.90

Ricky lives in zip up sweatshirts come fall but we donated a few of his this past spring that weren't working for him anymore, so this would be a nice, grownup looking addition to his wardrobe. 
#
$22.99

Dark wash, slim fit, $23 price tag--it would be hard to go wrong with these jeans for Ricky. I think they'll be making an appearance soon in his dresser!

And there you have it! My purchases & wish list items from Banana Republic/Old Navy/Nordstrom's Anniversary sale. What items have you picked up this season? Which is your favorite? Let me know in the comments below!

You can always stay up to date on all things Lorimer Living by following me on FacebookPinterest, Instagram & Twitter and by subscribing in the subscription bar at the top right of this page. Sharing is caring :) 
If you're a brand or company and would like to do a collaborative post, review, or advertisement, please contact me at sponsor@lorimerliving.com.

XOXO, 

Jaclyn


Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello Lorimer Living Readers! I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my post, and I will absolutely read each one and try to answer any questions you may have. However, because this blog is my online home, I will remove any comment that I feel is malicious or inappropriate. XOXO!

Popular Posts