March 2016 Favorites

March Favorites 2016

Hi all! If you're new to my favorites posts, I just like to share things with you all that I have been loving in the past month. Hopefully you'll find one of your new favorites, or you can share things you love with us in the comments. Enjoy!


This is absolutely my signature scent. I have a few other perfumes that you can see on my perfume display here, and I wear them occasionally, depending on what the situation is. Some of them have memory associations or seem more fancy than others. But this one is hands down my favorite! It just smells yummy! Fresh cream is the perfect description--it's not too super warm or vanilla-y, not too sugary sweet, but just fresh & creamy & delicious. Also delicious in the body lotion, which I keep on my nightstand & a second tube at my desk at work. Several people at work borrow things like lotion, mints & ibuprofen from me and they always go gaga over this scent!

Parks & Rec
I have always loved Amy Poehler, since her SNL days, but Ricky wasn't necessarily a huge fan of her there. But once he heard that Chris Pratt, Rob Lowe, and Rashida Jones were all cast members, he was sold! And within a few episodes of starting, he was sold on Amy Poehler/Leslie Knope as well. Between the one-liners, Ben's alcohol faces, Tom's outfits....this is such a funny, funny show. It's on Netflix so binge away!

I have been obsessed with this pretty gloss for the last few weeks. It smells a bit like vanilla, it's highly pigmented, and it comes in a variety of great colors. The one I've been wearing incessantly is this gorgeous coral shade "Flower Child"--I'm trying my best to usher spring in!


Essie Bikini So Teeny
Another spring-y shade I'm into right now is this beautiful dusty blue on my nails! It's such a change for me, as I'm normally wearing white, nude, or light pink nails but I totally, totally love it. This color and coral are definitely becoming my go-to spring shades!

The Manizer Sisters by the Balm

In addition to spring shades like the coral gloss and blue nail polish, I've been trying to welcome spring to my skin as well by giving it some extra glow factor. I love "The Manizer Sisters" by the Balm for that purpose. They can all technically be worn as highlights, depending on your skin tone, but for me, Betty tends to be a shimmery bronzer, Cindy tends to be a shimmery blush and Mary is a beautiful champagne/vanilla highlight. I also use all three as eyeshadows occasionally. I will say I'm partial to the  Mary Lou Manizer & Cindy Lou Manizer and often wear them together with a matte bronzer, like the Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil. I wear Betty only if I'm really in the mood for a shimmery bronzed look, mainly if I'm going to be outside in the summertime. But all three are gorgeous & look great on lots of skin tones!

by Lisa Gardner
I'm going through a Lisa Gardner phase again and this is the most recent one that I've finished. It deals with the effects of multiple concussions, and of course, crimes, victims, and police detectives. Lisa Garnder's novels are so intricately wound and accurately detailed without being difficult to read--hats off to you, Ms. Gardner!


And there you have it! A round up of the things I've been loving this past month. What have you been loving recently? Let me know in the comments below!

You can stay up to date by following me on FacebookPinterest, Instagram & Twitter and subscribe at the top right of this page. Sharing is caring :) 
If you're a brand or company and would like to do a collaborative post, review, or advertisement, please contact me at sponsor@lorimerliving.com.

XOXO, 

Jaclyn

Comments

  1. We've been on a Parks and Rec kick too! We started the series over and I just never want it to end!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello Lorimer Living Readers! I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my post, and I will absolutely read each one and try to answer any questions you may have. However, because this blog is my online home, I will remove any comment that I feel is malicious or inappropriate. XOXO!

Popular Posts