Lorimer Reading Volume 3: May 2015

May 2015 Reading Wrap Up

What I Read in May & Recommend to You!


Holy cow guys. May was craziness. I absolutely love summertime but with working at a real estate company I find myself definitely looking forward to fall for it to slow down a bit. 
Sorry this post is a tiny bit late--I have so many posts in the works but just didn't manage to hit publish on any this week. But it was my birthday yesterday so it would be great if you would give me a pass and I promise to make it up to you with some good content in the near future! I turned 25 and have some plans related to being 25 that I plan to share with you soon, 
So let's get started!


By Lea Michele
When we left off at the end of the April Reading Wrap Up, I was getting ready to read Brunette Ambition by Lea Michele. I absolutely loved it--it's a fun mixture of her journey in her career, recipes, skin & makeup routines, her workouts...just her life, really. It was a quick read and I liked it a lot, and I ended up putting it with a couple of my favorite cookbooks in my kitchen because I'd like to try some of the recipes she included. I snapped a photo (shown below) and tagged Lea in it and GUYS SHE LIKED MY PHOTO. 



 For whatever reason, this photo refuses to be in the center.


It was a moment for me but unfortunately I got the notification over at my in-laws house for lunch surrounded by people who wouldn't know who she is so although I told them and they pretended to be excited it was kind of a moment I had to have by myself. :)

By John Green

Next up is An Abundance of Katherines by John Green. John Green is the author of the Fault in Our Stars and it definitely has the same feel to it. I would say that it is less "epic" of a book and not one that I think everyone will be talking about, but I like John's writing style so I really enjoyed it. It was a great young adult book-very smart and lots of good insight on dealing with all the feelings you go through after the end of high school. 

by Jeff Lindsay

Darkly Dreaming Dexter is basically the first season of Dexter in novel format. I've seen the show so I couldn't be surprised by any of the twists or anything, but it was fun to read instead of watch because I already have the characters in my head and you get a lot more of Dexter's thoughts & motivations which I find fascinating...because he's a sociopath. You may think that's weird, but I did my senior thesis on the insanity plea as it relates to serial killers....so....
Moving on!

Up next...
by Randy Pausch

This is next up on my list--I just got it for my birthday yesterday from a co-worker (thans Jason!) and it pushed the next book down farther on my list. I posted a photo on my Facebook page along with some of my other birthday goodies and it got really positive comments from other people who are familiar with this author so I'm excited to read it!

Do you have any opinions on these books? What are you currently reading? Have you read any of the books from the April or March wrap ups?

You can stay up to date by following me on FacebookPinterest, Instagram & Twitter and subscribe at the top right of this page. Sharing is caring :) 


XOXO, 

Jaclyn

Comments

Popular Posts