June Favorites

June 2016 Favorites

Hey everyone! I can't believe we're already a week into July. I feel like this summer is flying by waaaayyy too quickly! (Not a feeling I ever have about, let's say, winter.) June was a crazy month in my life--very high highs, like my birthday & wedding anniversary, and very low lows, like my grandmother passing away. It was a bit of an emotional roller coaster so I'm hoping for a more low-key vibe for the rest of the summer. Without further adieu, here are some of the items I've been loving in the last month! 

Too Faced Cocoa Powder Foundation & Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer
I'm pretty sure I've talked about these before in a favorites post last summer, but I don't even care. They are so so good. Besides the amazing cocoa smell, which I love & am addicted to, they are just my go to products. I use the powder foundation as a setting powder with a big fluffy brush, a light dusting all over my face when I finish my makeup, and I use the bronzer to warm up the perimeter of my face and on my cheeks. They're very smooth & blendable powders and they give you a matte but not dry appearance. I've gone through at least 3 of each so far, and I'm almost out of my fourth cocoa powder foundation right at the moment. #thededicationisreal #chocolatemakeupalldayerrrday


The champagne glow collection by Becca x Jaclyn Hill (Jaclyn is a YouTube beauty guru who has amazing tutorials) came out in June and the beauty community lost. their. minds! The collection originally included this face palette (shown above, limited edition), the original champagne pop highlight in pressed, poured, and liquid forms (permanent items) and an eye palette. The eye palette was actually removed from stores after Jaclyn & Becca Cosmetics realized that a new lab that had been making the eye palette was using lesser quality ingredients in some of the, so they pulled it from the shelves and offered refunds to anyone who wanted to return their eye palette. I was bummed that I didn't get a chance to try the eye shadows but I think the commitment to quality is pretty impressive.
Now that you have the backstory, lol, I did get the palette with some birthday money (thanks grandparents) and I've been loving it! There are two highlight shades, Champagne Pop & Prosecco Pop, one shimmery blush called Rose Spritz, and two matte blushes named Amaretto and Pamplemousse. The blushes are crazy crazy pigmented, so be sure to tap off your brush before applying, especially if you have a fair skin tone! It also has one of the best mirrors I've ever seen in a compact. #bonuspoints


Just a few days ago, Jaclyn announced the final items for the collection, the split pans (shown below) which are limited edition. They will be available July 14th and they're a great way to get to try out the options from the face palette if you missed it! 


Maybelline recently came out with this line of lip paints that seem very similar to Too Faced Melted Liquified Lips and I'm a big fan. The two shades that I got are above, in the shades called Stripped Down & Never Bare which are great dupes for Too Faced's Peony & Chihuahua shades. They really do feel like a melted lipstick, they're a velvety texture that's not quite matte, not quite cream. They're not liquid lipsticks in the sense that they're not the drying, transfer proof formula that's gotten popular in the last couple of years, but they are fairly long wearing and they have some beautiful shades! I imagine there are a few more Too Faced dupes in those shades as well. At $9,99 they're not exactly cheap for the drugstore but they are a much more affordable option than the $21 Too Faced ones. 

engineer

If you feel like the world around you is going down the toilet and losing intelligence by the day (and who doesn't lately?), you need to check out Smarter Every Day. Destin Sandlin, an engineer from Alambama, makes detailed videos about various scientific facts or processes, but breaks them down in such a way that the average person can understand. He also got to interview President Obama this year, and it was great to see two intelligent men who approach life from very different vantage points but who both want to make the world better and are respectful of each other's opinions and thoughts. He's incredibly entertaining, a stand-up guy, and an aspiring astronaut. I've learned a lot about a lot of topics that I never would have run into in my regular life by watching his videos and really enjoy him as a creator. Check him out!

I've been using these a lot more lately for papers that I don't want to file in a multi-pocket or in a filing drawer. Putting individual projects or tasks in here allows me to carry them around, file them in one place here and another later, and the little tab on the side holds them in so they don't fall out easily. I have four personal ones that I carry back and forth in my workbag each day, and I use them a lot in my job as well. You can color coordinate your categories, or just enjoy the rainbow. :) 

I'm not going to give away all the goods today, but I've been making a few tweaks to my balcony lately. The chairs above are involved, but you'll see the whole thing, along with a source list, in my Summer Home Tour series very soon! You can see how I started the process last summer (which was our first time ever having outdoor space!) in this post here. Sadly, our cute beverage holder/table combo lost it's top during a severe storm this spring so now it's just a standing cooler, no tabletop option. But I think we can make up for it in other ways. I wouldn't call it a full reveal, but I'm excited to show you guys the changes we've made!


And finally, I couldn't not include my Grandma Lois & my family in this post. Everyone has really come together during this difficult time & loved on each other and I really appreciated getting to spend some time with them, even though it wasn't the ideal circumstance. Family has always been a big part of my life, and even though I live 6 hours away from my hometown, it was a good reminder to put some focus on the people who matter in your life. Hug your loved ones for me!


And there you have it! A round up of the things I've been loving this past month. What have you been loving recently? Let me know in the comments below!

You can stay up to date by following me on FacebookPinterest, Instagram & Twitter and subscribe at the top right of this page. Sharing is caring :) 
If you're a brand or company and would like to do a collaborative post, review, or advertisement, please contact me at sponsor@lorimerliving.com.

XOXO, 

JACLYN



Comments

Popular Posts