21 Week Bumpdate

21 Week Bumpdate 

Picture taken at 19.5 weeks-definitely popped in the last few weeks!

Hi all! I'm so excited to be sharing my next bumpdate with you! (If you're catching up, you can see our pregnancy announcement here, and our 15 week bumpdate here.) I hit 21 weeks Sunday on 12/4 and also found out the Friday after Thanksgiving the gender of our little jelly bean! See gender reveal here.

Symptoms?
I am still fighting nausea, although I think it may have improved a bit since my last bumpdate. It's down to a few times per week so...baby steps! #nopunintended
Other symptoms are including a little heartburn, fatigue, and headaches. It's not fun, but nothing too major so far, which I'm grateful for.

Cravings?
For the last couple of weeks, meat has been sounding reallllly good! Nothing fried, but a nice juicy steak or a good grilled fish. Getting hungry thinking about it!

Size of Baby?
The pregnancy websites and apps vary on this for week 21, but the most popular option is a large carrot.  What that means for baby, though, is that she is about 12 ounces and 10.5 inches long! We had our 2nd ultrasound on Nov. 18th, and all the measurements looked good and baby looks healthy so far--thank God!

Size of Mommy?
So far, I've only gained 2 pounds according to the doctor's charts (at my appointment 11/21), but I think I'm up to about 5 pounds by now (thanks, Thanksgiving!).  

Nursery/Prep?
We're still working on saving up for baby! We haven't really purchased much or worked on the nursery yet, although I did make a baby registry on Amazon and of course have a Pinterest board for inspiration. (Blush pink & gray & gold--calling my name!)
What will be the nursery is currently the guest room/office, so we'll probably clean out a bunch of things we don't need in the next few weeks to make room for baby stuff, and then once we get a storage space, we can store the guest room furniture and start setting up a crib. It's a good reason to go through and purge all the things we've been hanging on to that we don't really need!

To Dos?
We are signing up for a birthing class, a breastfeeding class, and a tour of the birthing suites at the hospital we will be using. I've recently started doing some pre-natal yoga at home (thank you, YouTube!) and I'd like to keep going on that--I think it's helping my hips and core. We've chosen a pediatrician but need to call and get on their radar for April. I'd also like to renew my CPR and get Ricky certified as well--especially since infant CPR differs from what you'd use on older kids or adults. 

Thoughts?
Ricky & I are both just feeling so grateful that we've been entrusted with this little one, and we can't wait to meet her!

You can stay up to date by following me on FacebookPinterest, Instagram & Twitter and subscribe at the top right of this page. Sharing is caring :) 
If you're a brand or company and would like to do a collaborative post, review, or advertisement, please contact me at sponsor@lorimerliving.com.

XOXO, 


JACLYN

SaveSave

Comments

Popular Posts