37 Week Bumpdate

37 Week Bumpdate 

#LittleLorimer #AdalineKay

Hi all! I'm so excited to be sharing my next bumpdate with you! It's crazy to think that this might be the last bumpdate on the blog--only 3 weeks to go until my due date. I'm trying to plan to be pregnant until 41 weeks so that I don't get discouraged if Easter rolls around with no baby in my arms, but really any time could be showtime at this point!

(If you're catching up, you can see our pregnancy announcement here, and our 15 week bumpdate heregender reveal here 21 week bumpdate, 28 week bumpdate, 32 week bumpdate, or our office to nursery progress post here.  I also have a post on office maternity outfits if you'd like to check that out too!) 


Photo from yesterday morning at church--37 weeks exactly!
Symptoms?
Guys, I won't lie to you--being 37 weeks pregnant is pretty uncomfortable. Sleeping is definitely getting more & more difficult, and I'm experiencing a fair amount of pelvic & tailbone pain. I added a chest infection on last week, so I was a pretty sad sack for a few days. I'm recovering from that, which helps, but I still feel a bit like a turtle trying to roll over or get up from the bed!




Cravings?
I've been very specifically craving the salmon avocado salad from a local restaurant, but I've only given in a couple of times because it's not a particularly inexpensive place & Ricky's order is pretty pricey there too. It's so good though! I've tried to recreate it at home and it works, but they have a special dressing for it that I can't quite replicate.
More generally, fresh fruit & veggies have been a big craving, as well as chocolate. I bought a couple of chocolate bunnies to put out as Easter decor two weeks ago, and I have to tell you that neither bunny will be around for Easter. #ripchocolatebunnies

Size of Baby?
The average length & weight of babies at 37 weeks is 19 inches and between 6 & 6 1/2 pounds. I haven't had an ultrasound done since the 20 week anatomy scan (and probably won't unless I go overdue) but the external measurements have been right on so it's safe to assume Adaline is probably around that range. The apps say that this is the size of a winter melon. A what, you ask? Great question. Please see the below photo.

Huh? I've never seen one of these before. 

Size of Mommy?
I'm right at a 23 pound weight gain and the belly definitely feels heavy! I'm not sure how some women lug around twins or triplets at this point in their pregnancies, but props to them. I've also noticed that this is around the time that people are starting to ask me things like "Haven't you had that baby yet??" Look, I promise I'm not hoarding her in there! If this pregnancy feels long to you, trust me, I totally get it! People also like to ask if I'm getting much sleep, and then when I say it's getting harder, they remind me that soon I won't be sleeping at all. :) Joy all around. Just a couple of things to keep in mind the next time you're talking to a pregnant lady.

Nursery/Prep?
We've made a ton of progress in this area since my last bumpdate, some of which you can see in my office to nursery post. We've got all the main furniture (except for the changing table we're putting in the bathroom--it arrived damaged and had to be sent back) and it's all set up in the nursery. The last piece to arrive was the glider, which I am loving. All the baby clothes are washed & put away, hospital bags are packed (I'll do a post on those soon) and car seat bases are installed in our cars. We took our childbirth education class & hospital tour at the beginning of March, which I think was really helpful, especially for Ricky. All the Christmas decor is safely packed up in our outdoor closet which we recently cleaned out to make space in the baby's closet. We're not completely "ready" but if she decides to show up tomorrow we'll be doing okay.

To Dos?
We do still have a few things on this list. There are a couple of things I still need to buy, like nursing bras & tanks and a few more regular onesies. I also haven't put up decor in the nursery yet, or painted the Ikea spice racks I'm planning to use as baby book shelves. I've also been prepping at work, but I need to finish up a couple of projects & pick out a temp (hopefully by the end of this week!) just in case I go into labor a bit early. I'm honestly a little nervous about leaving my job for 8 weeks--that seems like a lot could fall through the cracks in that amount of time, even with a temporary worker--so I'm trying to create a document to explain most of the tasks that I'm responsible for. I've only been with UNL for about a year right now, which means that although I can figure out what I'm doing, I haven't been doing it long enough to know it backwards and forwards for explanation purposes. Wish me luck in this area!

Thoughts?
Ricky and I are really trying to enjoy our last few weeks of just the two of us--we're so excited for Adaline to arrive, but we also know that it will change our lives forever and the things that we can do so easily, like date nights, will be tougher after she gets here.
Also, I'm honestly a little nervous about leaving my job for 8 weeks--it seems like a lot could fall through the cracks in that amount of time, even with a temporary worker--so I'm trying to create a document to explain most of the tasks that I'm responsible for. I've only been with UNL for about a year right now, which means that although I can figure out what I'm doing, I haven't been doing it long enough to know it backwards and forwards for explanation purposes. Wish me luck in this area!

Maternity photo sneak peek--taken at 32 weeks by Ciana at Jeff Cloud Photography--we love it!

You can stay up to date by following me on FacebookPinterest, Instagram & Twitter and subscribe at the top right of this page. Sharing is caring :) 
If you're a brand or company and would like to do a collaborative post, review, or advertisement, please contact me at sponsor@lorimerliving.com.

XOXO, 


JACLYN

Comments

Popular Posts